Tuesday, May 15, 2012

2012 Town Meeting - Night Seven

I was a few minutes late to tonight's meeting; I was taking the kids to karate.  I arrived during the continuation of the debate on leaf blowers.  Although I missed the presentation of a second substitute motion, I agreed with its intent to limit leaf blower use the spring and fall when the need is greatest.  I voted for this substitute motion and for the final motion.  I think many of us were surprised when it passed 95-85 with only 71% voting.

We then moved on to article 40, the town budgets.  There was a significant amount of discussion regarding the school budget.  I asked about the street light budget, and the 20%+ savings projected for next year in both energy use and maintenance are due to the town's adoption of LED street lights and traffic signals.  In the end, the budgets were approved unanimously.  We adjourned with high hopes of finishing on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment