Thursday, April 30, 2015

2015 Town Meeting - Night One

A heartfelt thanks to all of you who voted for me in the most recent election.  I am very proud to represent you and our neighborhood at Town Meeting.  If you have any questions or concerns at any time, please let me know.

I apologize, but I was out of town for the first night of Town Meeting this year.  I was on vacation with my family in Germany, having my father show us around his hometown.  I anticipate being around for the remaining sessions of this year's Annual Meeting.

This year is exciting for me as I have my first "10 voter" article on the warrant.  It seeks to create a legal opening for the posting of notices in town.  It came about as a result of my work with the Friends of Robbins Farm Park.  We have posted notices about our events since our inception.  I think we've always known that the practice was ... inappropriate, but it is by far the best way to let others know what is going on at the park.  Last year, a restriction was added to our field use permits from the Recreation Department.  We were required to follow all town bylaws in relation to advertising our events, meaning no notices.  We quickly found that limiting ourselves to online and print media wasn't raising the type of awareness we were hoping to generate.  After discussing options with Recreation and Town Council, I drafted a warrant article that was approved by the Redevelopment Board and Board of Selectmen.

As these things go, my article was destined to appear the first night, the one night I couldn't be there.  I want to thank the Meeting for allowing the article to be postponed until Wednesday.

If you would like to know what happened on the opening night, I would refer you to Dan Dunn or Wes Beal's TM blogs.


No comments:

Post a Comment